What is Melasma?
Melasma is an acquired pigmentary condition of the face, which occurs especially in people with darker skin, but can also be found in those with lighter skin. Women are affected more frequently compared to men, especially young or middle-aged people.
What are the factors involved in the appearance of melasma?
The following are the factors that cause melasma :
- Solar exposition
- Cosmetics: certain makeups, moisturizers or other beauty products can have an irritating effect on predisposed people
- Endocrine diseases: melasma can be a manifestation of an endocrinological disease (diabetes mellitus) or not
Types of melasma in Pakistan
There are three types of melasma, depending on the depth to which the melanin is found: With Wood’s light (black light lamp)
- Dermal melasma: with melanin located at the level of the superficial dermis. It usually has diffuse borders and is usually located in the region of the zygomatic bone. Bluish black color with wood light
- Epidermal melasma: with melanin located in the most basal epidermal layers. It has well-defined borders and is usually distributed throughout the central-facial area. It is the type of melasma that best responds to the Dark brown treatment with wood light.
- Mixed melasma : combines the characteristics of dermal and epidermal melasma
- Physological melasma of the pregnant woman: It is usually temporary and responds well to treatment
What is the procedure by which we can treat melasma in Pakistan?
Gentle Max Pro is the device with which we can effectively treat melasma. With the Alexandrite 755nm laser, incorporated in the Gentle Max Pro platform, we perform a non-invasive and painless procedure, with a short recovery time compared to the classic methods of treating pigmented lesions.
Through the transmitted wavelength – 755nm, the Alexandrite laser inhibits the excessive production of pigment (melanin), thus visibly reducing brown spots (melasma) on the face and giving the skin a smoother and brighter appearance. The existence of several dimensions of spots allows us to individualize the treatment for the patient, by choosing some parameters depending on the type of condition treated. Patients are advised to avoid prolonged exposure to the sun and to use sunscreen constantly.
How many sessions are needed for complete treatment of melasma?
In the case of melasma and poikiloderma Civatte are generally required between 4-6 sessions, performed at an average interval of 4 weeks. When treating freckles (freckles) or solar lentigines (age spots) are needed between 1-3 sessions, at an average interval of 4 weeks. In order to maintain the results obtained during laser interventions, as well as to prevent the recurrence of pigmentary lesions, it is mandatory to use constant photoprotection products throughout the calendar year.
Who is the best Skin doctor for Melasma treatment in Islamabad Pakistan?
Dr. Sheher Bano, a leading dermatologist of Islamabad, Pakistan offers Melasma treatment in F-8 Islamabad at (IPAL skin care clinic) for sufferers tormented by Melasma.
What is Melasma treatment cost in Pakistan?
Dr. Sheher Bano’s Skin Clinic(IPAL Clinic) offers Melasma treatment at a very competitive price starting from 10,000 rupees per session. Contact us to know the exact Melasma treatment cost or Melasma treatment cost in Pakistan.